Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

July 1, 2012

Roasted Garlic-Sweet Pea Spread

Roasted Garlic-Sweet Pea Spread

I found this recipe in the March 2012 Southern Living and immediately ripped it out, along with the other 4 green pea recipes the page included.  This one sounded great for a party appetizer, so I made it yesterday.  I've modified it somewhat from the original.

You start by snipping off the pointed end of a garlic bulb and placing it on a piece of tin foil.
Then you drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil over the bulb and fold the foil up, sealing it well.
Cook it at 425* for 30 minutes.  Then let it sit for 10 minutes.



I blanched peas in boiling, salted water for 2 minutes, then drained them and put them in the food processor, along with Parmesan, basil, mint, and lemon juice. 

Then I squeezed out the roasted garlic into the food processor, making sure to avoid any garlic papers.  I processed the mixture up while drizzling in olive oil.


Then I seasoned with Kosher salt and black pepper to taste, transferred it to a serving bowl, covered, and chilled it until the party.

Last night I served the pea dip with crackers, but I think it would be great with pita bread, baquette, or vegetables as well.



Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.


Enjoy!

Really great taste, lots of requests for the recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.