Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

July 23, 2012

Black Bean Hummus

Black Bean Hummus


This recipe comes from the Eat to Love book, and was so easy to make.
I took it to our Wine Club last weekend, and thought it was great with Stacy's Pita Chips.



I think the reason this is a Hummus, instead of a Bean Dip, is because of the addition of Tahini, as you would include in Hummus.

I have this tahini on hand for Homemade Hummus.  I purchased it at Kroger.



This recipe really is a piece of cake.
You place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend to desired consistency, adding a tsp of water at a time if needed.  I did not end up adding additional water.



Transfer to a bowl, garnish with paprika, cover, and chill until ready to serve.




Is also great served with vegetables such as carrots, broccoli or cauliflower florets, zucchini, cucumbers, romaine lettuce leaves, or asparagus spears.


Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.


Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.