Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

July 11, 2012

Smoky Barbecue Sauce

Smoky Barbecue Sauce

I saw this recipe in the July/August 2012 Vegetarian Times and ripped it out - not for the bbq sauce recipe, but because they paired it with tofu and I thought "A-ha!"

And because I had a Tofu Bites recipe from Sandy that I was dying to try out, I thought the two would go really well together, and they did!

I've never bothered to make BBQ sauce before.  The bottled is fine with me.
For the last few years we've been partial to the Sweet Baby Ray's brand.


But, I thought it would be interesting to make my own sauce and see how we liked it.
Turns out, this recipe is really good. 
I froze half and am using the other half this week, storing it in the fridge.


And who doesn't love a recipe that has 2 steps - put everything in a pot, cook for 20 minutes.
Love it!


So we did just that.

We put all the ingredients in the sauce pan and brought it to a simmer, then covered it and let it cook for 20 minutes.

A quick stir, and it was ready!

So far I've used it on the Tofu Bites and Thomas has used it with fish.

Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you off - you probably have a lot of them in your house, or you can use what you have, customizing the sauce to your tastes.

If you'd like to control the ingredients in your sauce, I'd highly recommend this version!



Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Y'all Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.