Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

February 23, 2013

Orecchiette in No-Cook Spinach Sauce

Orecchiette in No-Cook Spinach Sauce

 
This sounded like a great way to serve pasta - and I was looking for something other than marina sauce or broccoli to try. 
 
Kroger unfortunately doesn't carry orecchiette.
 
 
So we went with shells.
 
In a large pot, cook the pasta according to the package in salted water. 
With 5 minutes to go, add green beans (I used frozen) and frozen lima beans.
Drain and set aside.
 


In a food processor, process spinach, garlic, oil, water, lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper to taste.


Combine pasta, beans, and sauce together.
Serve warm or cold!
 
Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.
 
Buon Appetito!
 

2 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks great. My Kroger doesn't carry orecchiette either. Wonder why??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing a cookbook challenge to cook every recipe from Chloe's Kitchen.
    Hope you don't mind that I added your post to my blog page under "Others who made it".
    http://eileenlikestoeat.com/2013/06/03/cookbook-challenge-chloes-kitchen-orecchiette-no-cook-spinach-sauce/

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.