Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

July 26, 2012

Quinoa & Vermicelli

Quinoa & Vermicelli

I really like this simple dish.  The first time I had quinoa in a restaurant, it was in this side dish.

I had it when Sandy offered her healthy cooking classes, and I have seen the same recipe in several vegetarian, whole-grain cookbooks.

I modified the 5 versions I had to create this one that I really liked.
The boys did too.
David is not a huge fan of quinoa, but he liked this dish "all right".
I think it would be great with sauteed vegetables cooked with it.


I used Mexican fideo pasta - their version of vermicelli.  I like it because it's cut short, like I've usually seen the pasta in this dish.

You start by cooking the vermicelli noddles with butter in a large saucepan until the noodles brown.



Then you add the vegetable broth, minced garlic, Kosher salt, and quinoa that has been rinsed and drained a number of times.

Bring it to a boil, then cover and simmer it until the quinoa has soaked up all the broth - about 15 minutes.


Serve while still warm.
It's really good warmed up the next day as well!



Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.



Buen Provecho!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.