Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

July 8, 2012

Gourmet Brown Rice

Gillian McKeith's
Gourmet Brown Rice


We always have brown rice in the refrigerator.  It's so versatile, and it can be eaten with any meal.
When I saw this recipe in Gillian McKeith's You Are What You Eat cookbook, it sounded like a great play on regular brown rice, and used ingredients I had in the pantry/fridge!


I soak my rice overnight before washing it well and cooking with it.

After I soaked 1 c of short grain brown rice, I placed it in a saucepan with sliced carrots and celery and 2 c water.  The recipe calls for a vegetable stock cube or miso paste.  I used miso paste and it was really good.

At this point you just bring the water to a boil, then cover and simmer the dish for 25 minutes or so, letting it stand with the heat off for 10 minutes and then serving.

It's great heated up the next day as well. 
Great flavors and goes well with any main dish or with a large salad.




Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.