Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

July 9, 2012

Romaines of the Day

Abs Diet Hall of Fame
Romaines of the Day Salad

This salad is really, really good! 
We made it the other night and David has said a couple of times now that he really liked it - in case he forgot to tell me.  I think we'll be making this every week.

This comes from the Abs Diet cookbook that my friend John loaned me a year or so ago.
I copied a bunch of recipes from it and they've been waiting for me patiently in my large recipe file.
There are some good recipes from this book, but the recipe titles are the best, including this one.

I made the vinaigrette that is part of the recipe with olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, salt & pepper.  I tossed the diced avocado into the dressing before incorporating it with the rest of the salad to keep the avocado fresh.


I mixed romaine, cilantro, scallions, and rinsed & drained black beans.


Added the dressing and tossed it all together.

Mmmm...it was so good!

The next time I made it I kept the avocado/dressing separate so I could store them separately in the fridge so the lettuce wouldn't wilt.  It's a really great salad!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I made this salad this morning for mine and Mike's lunch. I stored the salad dressing in a separate container per your suggestion until ready to use. Mike and I thought this was so good - cool, crisp and refreshing. I added a bit of the fire roasted salsa to mine. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.