Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

July 28, 2012

Great Life Miso Soup

Great Life Miso Soup

I have lots and lots of miso soup recipes. 
And they are all different enough that I thought I'd try each of them out over time.

This recipe comes from The Great Life and is slightly different than I've made miso soup before.  This one includes vegetables and leafy greens.

Start by soaking a strip of wakame in water.  I found this wakame and my local natural foods store.


It softens in just a couple of minutes.  Drain it and chop it into smaller pieces.


Then boil water (1 c per serving) and the wakame. 


Add in sliced root and/or round vegetable slices.  I used carrots and turnip which I had on hand to make up about 1/2 of vegetables.  Cook the vegetables about 4 minutes.

Then add in leafy greens.  I used napa cabbage that I had on hand.


Lower the heat to simmer and add the miso paste and stir for 4 minutes.

We have been using chickpea miso paste and it is virtually flavorless, so I added a bit of soy sauce to add a little more flavor.

You can garnish with scallions and serve warm.




Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.




 
どうぞめしあがれ (douzo meshiagare)
(Bon Appetit is Japanese!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.