Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

July 11, 2012

Sandy's Tofu Bites

Sandy's Tofu Bites


I first had Tofu Bites during the Healthy Cooking Classes I took with Sandy Thomas in the spring.  If you are local and would like more information about Sandy's services, please let me know!  And check out her website at the link above.

I absolutely loved Sandy's tofu tossed with jarred Thai peanut sauce.

I don't really have much experience cooking with tofu except in stir-fry dishes. 
This option was maybe my favorite way to eat tofu that I've found so far!

It's sooo easy and sooo yummy!

You start with two packages of extra firm tofu.
It's in the refrigerated produce sections of our grocery stores in town.



You drain it well and then cut it into bite-sized pieces, patting them again to get them as dry as possible.  Then place the pieces on parchment or foil on a big baking sheet.

Don't look too closely below.  I know they're all supposed to be roughly the same size. 
I can never get that consistency when I start chopping!
I don't think it's a big deal for this recipe :)


Then spritz with some olive oil and generously season with Kosher salt and pepper.


Pop it in a 425* oven for 45 minutes. 
I stirred/flipped them about half-way through, but I'm not sure it's critical.


Then they're done! 
You can top them with any sauce, add them to a grain or bean dish, add them to your salad....

This is one of my favorite dishes I've made recently.  So easy, and so versatile.

I made a batch of Smoky Barbecue Sauce (recipe from Vegetarian Times that I will post next) and served it with the Tofu Bites, along with vegetables and a rice dish.

This dish heats up well in the microwave the next day too.


Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.