Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

July 15, 2012

Lemon Mousse


Lemon Mousse

Let me start by saying this is the strangest recipe I've made in awhile.
Wait until you see the ingredients.

I am always on the lookout for a delicious dessert recipe that also uses fresh produce.
And Lemon Mousse?  Sounded great!

I found this recipe in Gillian McKeith's You Are What You Eat cookbook - one that I reference a lot!  She encourages her clients to try this recipe because so many are lacking in essential fatty acids, which can lead to a number of health issues.

A healthy lemon dessert?  I was certainly willing to give it a try.


You start by zesting one lemon, then peeling four, cutting them in half and removing the seeds.


You place the lemons in the food processor along with 4 peeled avocados, fresh lemon juice, fresh orange juice, pitted dates, and maple syrup.

With all those yummy avocados, there's no way this Lemon Mousse was going to be yellow.

And shouldn't Lemon Mousse be yellow??

Once it's super smooth, you spoon the mousse into individual dishes and chill for 2 hours before serving.

Looks like guacamole, doesn't it?


Top with lemon zest, and serve.

The Results:

David and Thomas thought it was waaaay too tart, and they'd cut the lemons in half.

I liked the flavor - it's really tart from all those fresh lemons, and I liked the texture.
 I'd eat this dish again, but....

It was almost heart breaking to me to use up those delicious avocados and dates in this way.

I love each and every one of the ingredients that are combined in this (rather strange) dish.
I think I'd just rather eat them individually.

Note:  cover with Saran Wrap if you don't eat them all that day or they won't look awesome the next day.

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.


Bon Appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.