Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

July 13, 2012

Turnip and Leek Soup

Gillian McKeith's
Turnip and Leek Soup

I had leftover leeks from the Adzuki Bean Stew that I made last week, so I was on the lookout for another recipe that called for leeks.  I found this one in the You Are What You Eat cookbook.

I honestly wasn't sure how this was going to taste after I saw the ingredients.
It was really, really good though.

We all liked it - it has a really great flavor!


You boil 3 cups of vegetable stock with a peeled and diced turnip.
Then you let it simmer for 10 minutes.

Per usual, I used this variety of bouillon for my broth.  I find it at Kroger.



Then you add in your celery and leeks and all it all to simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.


Then you blend the soup to the consistency you like.
You can transfer it to a blender or food processor and then return it to the pot if you like.

I use my handy Smart Stick right in the pot - much easier.
 


Then reheat and serve!

You can top the soup with fresh herbs or sunflower seeds or nuts or some other garnish.
Or just serve it plain like I did!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.