Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

January 29, 2012

Mushroom Artichoke Couscous

Biggest Loser
Mushroom Artichoke Couscous

My family really likes couscous as a side dish. 
I make it most often with chicken broth and serve it plain with a meat and vegetable. 
I saw this recipe and decided to try it as a nice alternative to the traditional.

Brennan was thrilled.
Not only does he love couscous and mushrooms, but he had been wanting to try artichokes.
David really liked this recipe a lot.

Winner!

I use this couscous from any grocery store (it's by the rice).


I sprayed Pam in my skillet and cooked the mushrooms for several minutes.
Then I coarsely chopped the artichokes and added them for another few minutes until they were heated through.

I boiled my broth on another eye and added the box of couscous and the broth to the vegetables, covered, and let it stand off the heat for several minutes while the couscous absorbed the liquid.

I fluffed the couscous with a spoon and added salt & pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, grated Parmesan and chopped parsley. 

Delicious!  And apparently great re-heated the next day.

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Bonnie, this looks and sounds delish. I love coucous too. Expecially the one with garlic and pinenuts. I will definitely make this. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.