Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

July 29, 2012

L.A.-Style Chimichurri Tacos

L.A.-Style Chimichurri Tacos

200 recipes!
I'm excited to share my 200th recipe with you today on Y'all Come Eat.  And, I'm thrilled that it's a really good one that we'll return to often in our house.

This recipe comes from Vegetarian Times - they asked Cupcake Wars 2010 champion and chef Chloe Coscarelli to share a favorite recipe.

I found Chloe's recipes online and am looking forward to trying out a few more soon!

We really liked this vegan Mexican meal, and I think it's one that you can tweak for your own needs.

I'm modifying the original recipe below.
It calls for rice, so if you have some on hand, you can just reheat it and use it.
Otherwise, cook your favorite kind of rice to include in the tacos.


I started by making the Chimichurri sauce - which I absolutely love!
I plan to keep a batch of this on hand - it's one of my favorite sauces and can be used on meat, as a salsa, on beans, on anything.  It's sooo good!

The Chimichurri sauce calls for cilantro, parsley, olive oil, fresh lime juice, agave nectar (I just used honey), garlic cloves, salt, cumin and black pepper. 

It smells so good once you puree it in the food processor!

We found it was rather oily so I've reduced the amount of olive oil in the recipe card below.

Then I heated a little bit of olive oil in the skillet and added my cremini mushrooms for 10 minutes.
The original recipe calls for sliced mushrooms, but I chopped my sliced mushrooms.
I thought the texture would be better with the size of the black beans.


After 10 minutes of cooking in the olive oil, I added a can of rinsed and drained black beans, plus half of the chimicurri sauce and allowed it all to heat through.



Then we served the mushroom/black bean filling with rice, Fire-Roasted Tomato and Pineapple Salsa, chopped romaine, and the rest of the Chimichurri sauce with heated flour tortillas to make soft tacos.

These tacos were absolutely delicious!


For my non-mushroom lover, Thomas, I made a version without the mushrooms and he loved it - we're all big Chimichurri fans, apparently!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.


Buen Provecho!

1 comment:

  1. I am doing a cookbook challenge to cook every recipe from Chloe's Kitchen.
    Hope you don't mind that I added your post to my blog page under "Others who made it".
    http://eileenlikestoeat.com/2013/05/06/cookbook-challenge-chloes-kitchen-la-style-chimichurri-tacos-vegan/

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.