Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

July 15, 2012

Blended Mango Salad Smoothie

Blended Mango Salad Smoothie


I saw this recipe in the book Eat to Live and thought it sounded like a great way to get some extra greens in, assuming it was tasty.

This is a great smoothie (or "blended salad" as Dr. Fuhrman calls it)!

We loved the texture, and it's actually pretty sweet.
I've made it a couple of times now - it's a great time of year when mangoes are plentiful and inexpensive!
I peeled and sliced up a mango and added it to the blender, along with 1 cup of chopped kale.
I blended it well, then added half of the romaine, and blended again.

Then I added 1/4 c of milk or milk alternative (almond milk, or soy milk, or rice milk...) and the rest of the romaine and blended it one final time.


It's thick and sweet, and really good.
I would recommend chilling it in the glass or the blender for a few minutes though - it tastes especially good cold.


Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.