Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

July 13, 2012

Lemon Vinaigrette

Sandy's Lemon Vinaigrette

My family generally likes salads.  It's a great way to mix up different kinds of leafy greens and serve with dinner. 

So many of the salad dressings I like are not that good for me. 
And Brennan just eats his salad plain because he doesn't like vinegar-y tasting dressings.  They're too overpowering for him.  But really.  Who wants to eat a salad without a little something on it?

So I've been looking for ways to make up some dressing at home, something light without a lot of extra ingredients. 

I have a whole batch of delicious sounding vinaigrettes to try, but I started with Sandy's Lemon Vinaigrette.
Sandy, who is a health coach and natural foods chef, served this vinaigrette on a green salad when I took her cooking classes this spring.  If you're local, you should really check out her classes this fall!

I liked it because it was light, customizable with the herbs you can choose to add, and tasted great.

I mixed this one up before I started dinner one night, and let it chill in the fridge.
We used it for several meals.

I had fresh chives on hand, so I added them to this dressing.
You can use any fresh herbs you have though - and the fresh herbs are optional.

It really make a difference with a big plate of green salad.
Not much else was needed!


Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.


Enjoy Your Veggies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.