Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

September 2, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas

Chicken Enchiladas


I really can't go wrong serving Mexican at my house.
And Mexican that I can make ahead of time and pop in the oven when we get home from various kids' activities in the evening is even better!

Last night I made Chicken Enchiladas and they were a hit.
I will definitely add this dish to our family favorites.

Because I didn't want anyone picking out chiles, I blended them with the sour cream before adding to the rotisserie shredded chicken and cheese. 
You could certainly use more than 4 oz of chiles.  I will probably double it next time.
You can use any kind of shredded cheese like Monterrey Jack or your favorite Mexican variety.

Then I heated the corn tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds, filled them and lined two dishes.
I ended up making 20 enchiladas.

Then I covered them with the remaining chicken/sour cream/cheese/chile sauce and sprinkled with the remaining cup of cheese.

When we got home from swimming I popped them in the oven for 30 minutes and served with fruit.

Double click the recipe card to print out as a 5x7.



Buen Provecho!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.