Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

September 9, 2011

Caprese Salad

Caprese Salad

This is my very favorite salad.
It's simple, delicious, and it just might tempt my boys to finally eat a tomato one day.
They're great eaters overall so I let them pick 2 things that I will never "make" them eat.
Tomato is on both of their lists.

But this dish just might be the trick because they seem to want to try it each time I make it.

It's the national salad of Italy - with the colors of the flag.


Whole mozzarella is a must. 
I saw this served one time with deli mozzarella slices.
Please, splurge and get whole mozzarella for this dish.

Slice, layer, and drizzle with good Balsamic vinegar.

Double click to print as a 5x7 card.

Buon appetito!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.