Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

September 21, 2011

Taco Casserole

Jeanne's Taco Casserole

My friend Jeanne and her mom have shared some wonderful recipes with me over the years.
I still use the breakfast casserole recipe that they shared with me 19 years ago.
Here's Jeanne with the boys on a day trip to Louisville earlier this summer.

Jeanne sent me her Taco Casserole recipe that is a big hit in her house.
We had to try it out this week.  The boys liked it. 
David evidently loved it since he had 3 servings!

I've modified it slightly for my boys - the recipe is below.

You cook ground beef and onion with chilis, taco seasonings, taco sauce and water.
Then you layer broken taco shells, the beef mixture, and cheese.
What's not to love?!

You'll have 2 layers of shells, ground beef, and cheese.

Note to self:  puree the chilis before adding to the sauce.
We love the flavor but the boys spent time picking out the offenders.
Don't let this photo fool you - the dish was delicious.

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.


Buen Provecho!

2 comments:

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.