Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

September 18, 2011

Steamed Radishes

Steamed Radishes

For the life of me I can't remember where I found this recipe.
I like to give credit whenever possible, but this one just escapes me.

Brennan chose radishes one day at the grocery store and I served them in a salad.
The boys liked them "ok" but weren't crazy about the "spicy-ness".
I heard about steaming radishes to bring out an almost sweet side.
They were much more popular served steamed.

Once washed and trimmed, I place the radishes in my microwaveable steamer and cover with water.

I use this Pampered Chef version that I've had for 12+ years.  It is perfect for steaming vegetables.
 After 7 minutes in the microwave, I drain the radishes (the water is dark purple!) and season with a little butter and salt.
They're best served immediately.

Radishes are super healthy so I am always happy to serve them when the boys pick them out.
While maybe not my favorite vegetable, they're tasty steamed and a quick side dish.


Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Eat Your Veggies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.