Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

September 27, 2011

Cauliflower Mac and Cheese

Paula's Cauliflower Mac and Cheese


Paula is one of my favorite bloggers. 

She lives in a beautiful part of Virginia and has great home decorating and craft projects, along with exercise tips, gardening, travel, family updates, and recipes.

I bookmarked this Cauliflower Mac and Cheese recipe on her blog - she adapted it from Runner's World magazine.  I cooked it yesterday and we really liked it. 
I don't make regular mac and cheese often (mainly because I like it sooo much!), but this version I will happily make for my family. 
It tastes decadent but is a much healthier version.

You boil cauliflower and then move it to the food processor.
In the same pot you then boil your macaroni.

In the food processor you mix your cauliflower along with chicken broth, shredded cheese, olive oil, Dijon mustard and seasonings.

After draining your macaroni you pour it in a 9x13 casserole, top with the cauliflower mixture and bread crumbs and Parmesan.
Bake for 20 minutes and voila!

See the bits of cauliflower?

Mmm delish!


Double click the recipe card to print as a 5x7 recipe.

Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. This looks great. I follow Paula's blog, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you sweet to feature me? You made my day!! I'm printing off your card because I haven't made this dish since I blogged about it and it will be great for a fall side dish.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.