Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

September 7, 2011

Black Bean Enchiladas

Black Bean Enchiladas

This is my family's favorite supper. 
Whenever I ask for supper requests one of my three boys will ask for black bean enchiladas. 
I feel like I make it too often, but it's a winner every time.

It's a winner for me too because this dish is fast, pretty healthy, and only requires 4 ingredients.
Awesome!



While I like traditional enchiladas like the Chicken Enchiladas I shared recently, layered enchiladas are even easier.  And just as delicious.

First I pour a little bit of the enchilada sauce into the casserole dish. 

Then I lay down my first 3 tortillas.  I tear one in half to fill up the casserole nicely.

Then 3 layers: 3 tortillas, beans, sauce, and cheese.

The top layer is tortillas, sauce and cheese.
At this point you can cover it and keep in the fridge until you're ready to cook (which is what I normally do), or pop it in the oven.

30 minutes at 350*.
I cut it like lasagna and serve squares with a salad.

Double click to print the recipe card.

Buen Provecho!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.