Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

September 6, 2011

Fettuccine with Pea Pesto

SK Fettuccine with Pea Pesto

I saw this delicious-sounding recipe on Smitten Kitchen awhile back and have had it bookmarked to try for months.
Brennan and I made it tonight and it was quite good!
I like the idea of pea pesto instead of the standard basil or spinach for a change.
Using frozen peas works beautifully.
I served it with fish and fruit.


Start by cooking frozen peas for 2 minutes then draining them and pouring them into an ice bath.
Drain the peas and put all but 1/2 c into the food processor.
Add garlic, walnuts or pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese and pulse away.
Drizzle in olive oil as you're pulsing.
Add the reserved peas and you're ready for your pasta.

Cook your pasta and reserve 1/2 c of the liquid.
Combine the pesto, peas, pasta, and water.
Season to taste and top with Parmesan.

Mmmm.

Double click the recipe card to print as a 5x7.


Buon Appetito!


2 comments:

  1. I'm printing this out to try. Pea pesto is an interesting combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the only one who would eat this because I love peas. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.