Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

August 19, 2012

Tuscan White Bean Soup

Tuscan White Bean Soup

I saw this recipe for Ribollita, or Tuscan White Bean Soup, in several places.
I combined them all together and made my own.

I took this soup to a brunch last week and it was a big hit.
I served it with warm bread.

I sauteed celery, onion, and carrots in olive oil until they were tender, about 5 minutes.  Then I added in crushed garlic and let it cook for another minute.

I then added in tomato paste, vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes and seasonings and brought the soup to a boil.  I added in rinsed, drained beans and let it simmer for 20 minutes.

I stirred in fresh basil right before serving.

All of the recipes I had were fairly similar. 
Other additions to this soup could be cooked elbow pasta, finely chopped leafy greens like spinach or kale,  and homemade croutons to top.

I just served it with extra red pepper flakes and warm, crusty Artisan bread.

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.