Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

August 19, 2012

Japanese Soba Noodles

Japanese Soba Noodles

This recipe is a variation on ones I've made before, that my family just loves. 
We like soba noodles, which are also known as buckwheat noodles. 
The sauteed vegetables and flavorful sauce make this a great one dish dinner.

This recipe comes straight out of Vegan Fire & Spice.

The ingredient list is long, but if you cook much Asian food then you most likely have many of these ingredients on hand.

I cooked the soba noodles according to the package.  I ended up using some dark soba noodles that I had left over and added in a new package of lighter soba noodles to get to 12 oz.  You can use whatever kind you have or find at the store.

While my noodles were cooking, I sauteed the vegetables - shredded cabbage, bell pepper, and scallions.  I think additions like like radish, carrots, mushrooms, and peas would also be great.

While the vegetables were cooking I mixed up the sauce of soy sauce, brown sugar, dry sherry, sesame oil, rice vinegar, minced ginger, garlic, and cayenne.  I then added in cornstarch to thicken it.

I added the sauce to the sauteed vegetables and let it thicken.

Then tossed in my drained soba noodles.

And garnished with toasted sesame seeds and parsley.
Delicious and really very quick!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

どうぞめしあがれ (douzo meshiagare)
Japanese for "Bon Appetit"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.