Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

August 9, 2012

Cantaloupe Agua Fresca

Cantaloupe Agua Fresca

I saw a number of cantaloupe recipes in Redbook magazine this summer and cut them out to try.

I like agua frescas a lot, and they are so simple to make.
They're also called agua de fruta at times.
They're very common in Mexico, and I shared a watermelon version here.

You start by cutting up a cantaloupe into large chunks, then blending the fruit with 4 c of water in the blender.  I did mine in two batches.

Then you strain the mixture in a fine mesh strainer - straining the juice into a pitcher, and reserving the pulp for a smoothie later on!

Once you have your agua fresca, mix in the juice of two limes and chill.


When you're ready to serve, add some fresh mint.

I think it's almost heartbreaking sometimes to cut up a melon and then turn it into a beverage - I'd rather eat it as is! 

But sometimes it's great to make an agua fresca if I've got a lot of leftover fruit, or just for a change of pace.  And I do save the pulp for a smoothie, which works well.

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.


Buen Provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.