Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

August 11, 2012

Buttered Nuts with Rosemary and Orange

Buttered Nuts with Rosemary and Orange

In the same Real Simple magazine article that I followed to make Chocolate-Drizzled Nuts with Sea Salt comes this recipe for another sweet/savory snack.

This version is cooked in a large skillet for a couple of minutes, then cooled on a baking sheet.

You start by melting butter, then adding the mixed nuts, sugar, rosemary, and orange zest.

Then allow the nuts to rest for a little while before serving.

A couple of notes:
**I didn't have an orange so used lemon zest instead.
**I think fresh rosemary is the way to go in this recipe.
**The nuts were a little greasy so I'm cutting the amount of butter in half in the recipe below.

So delicious!  I am storing them in an air-tight container in the fridge and pulling them out for snacks in the afternoon with the boys.

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.