Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

August 31, 2012

Tofu Scramble

Tofu Scramble

I have seen Tofu Scramble recipes in many different places.  I decided to combine the recipes and try it out for the family recently.  We all liked it, and I think it's great in place of scrambled eggs if we're ever looking for something a little different.  It's easily customizable and really easy to make!

I started by cook frozen corn and sliced shiitake mushrooms in a little olive oil until the mushrooms were tender.  I added in lemon juice and turmeric, then crumbled in the drained tofu.

 
I let it cook for about 10 minutes until the liquids evaporated and everything was well combined.

 
Then I added in a bunch of chopped romaine and served it hot.
I let everyone season theirs with sea salt, pepper, and hot sauces.


Some added the Tofu Scramble to warm flour tortillas and rolled them up for a breakfast burrito style dish.  I ate mine with warm crusty bread.  It's also good plain.

We had some leftovers that I tried the next day for lunch but I wasn't as fond of it then.
Fresh and warm may be best for this dish.

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.
 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.