Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

August 9, 2012

Rice Salad Primavera

Rice Salad Primavera

This great summer garden recipe comes from the August 2012 Vegetarian Times Farmers' Market Cookbook.

David and I really liked this dish and came up with several ways to modify her even more.
I personally think the secret is in the vinaigrette that holds the dish together at the end.

This is made by whisking together wine vinegar (I used White Wine Vinegar although the original recipe calls for Red Wine Vinegar), Dijon mustard, and olive oil.

Cook a cup of brown long-grain, short-grain, or brown Basmati rice so that you have 2 cups of cooked rice.  I had short-grain brown rice leftover in the fridge so I warmed up 2 cups for this dish.

Then slice your vegetables.
The original recipe calls for cherry tomatoes, green onions, orange bell pepper, a peeled cucumber, and yellow squash. 

I think the possibilities are endless!

Bake 1 package of tofu - I baked mine the same way I did for Sandy's Tofu Bites.  I cut my pieces smaller though so they would cook faster.

Toss the warmed rice, the diced baked tofu, and the vegetables together.
Combine with the vinaigrette and serve!

Mmmm.
And it was great warmed up the next day!


I think topping the dish with some chopped fresh herbs would be wonderful too.


Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.