Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

August 26, 2012

Penne and the Jets

Penne and the Jets

David Zinczenko has some great recipes, with even greater recipe names, in his cookbook - The Abs Diet Cookbook that my friend John loaned me.

Penne and the Jets calls for spinach, but I used chopped fresh kale instead and no one was the wiser.

I started by cooking penne according to the package directions.

While it was cooking I heated olive oil in a large skillet and sauteed garlic.  Then I added my kale and let it cook until it started to wilt.  Kale takes more time to cook than spinach I've found, so I just let it sit for a few minutes and wilt away.

**I have "no tomatoes please" eaters in my house.  Normally at this point you would add in chopped sun-dried tomatoes to cook with your greens, but you'll see I added them in later.**
 

Once the greens have wilted, you remove it from the heat and toss in your remaining ingredients:  fresh parsley and basil, kalamata olives, chickpeas and feta or Parmesan if you are using it.

 
Here is the version we placed on the table, for everyone to doctor up with Parmesan or crumbled Feta.

 
And here's my version with heated, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, which really make the dish in my opinion!

Everyone loved it and we'll definitely make again and again!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Buon Appetito!

1 comment:

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.