Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

January 15, 2012

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

Six Sisters'
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

We love Mexican or Tex-Mex in our house.  I think it's the mix of the basic ingredients, along with the great flavors.  I found this recipe at Six Sisters' Stuff and tried it out last week.

Most enchiladas I've made are made with corn tortillas, but this one uses flour tortillas and it worked out beautifully.  David really liked this dish, and I did too.  It's a definite keeper.

You start by whisking up a marinade from honey, lime juice, chili powder, and garlic powder.
Marinade 1 lb of cooked, shredded chicken breasts for 2 hours in the fridge.
I used chicken breasts that I had baked the night before.  You could also use a rotisserie chicken for this dish.

Then you pour 1/2 of your jar of salsa verde in the bottom of a 9x13 dish and then beginning stuffing your enchiladas with the chicken and Monterey Jack cheese, reserving 1 cup of your cheese.
I had a package of 8 tortillas so I overstuffed them. 
The recipe calls for 10 though.


This is the salsa verde (also known as "tomatillo salsa" and "green enchilada sauce" to many) that I usually have on hand.  I've made it homemade but it takes a lot of time and this is fantastic.  You can find it in the Latino section of any grocery store.

Then you mix the leftover marinade, salsa verde, and cream together and pour over the enchiladas, topping with your remaining cheese.

Bake at 350* for 30 minutes and let stand for 10 before serving.


Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Buen Provecho!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.