Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

November 30, 2011

Wild Rice and Mushroom Pilaf

Real Simple's
Wild Rice and Mushroom Pilaf


I found this recipe in the December 2011 edition of Real Simple magazine and decided to try it out for my mushroom lover (Brennan).

It was very easy to make and made a nice change to regular rice as a side dish.

I used Uncle Ben's wild rice.
Cook the rice according to the directions on the box.
Melt butter in a frying pan and cook mixed mushrooms (I used cremini) for 7 minutes.
Add dry white wine (or chicken stock) and cook an additional 4 minutes.
Toss with the rice, sprinkle with chives (optional) and serve.


Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.