Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

November 23, 2011

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Pride & Prejudice Party
Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

I hosted my Book Club to discuss Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen this month.
You can read about the party here.

I decided to serve typical food of the times, and ones that Austen mentions in her novels.
Research was not easy, but I came up with 3 new recipes that I want to share.



First up - Cucumber Tea Sandwiches.

These were delicious and easy to make, once I figured out how to use my mandoline.
If you don't have a mandoline, you can just slice the cucumbers the old-fashioned way very thin.
This inexpensive one made this recipe really easy though.


I used packaged small thinly-sliced party bread for tea sandwiches.
Layered with a cream cheese blend, cucumbers, and dill.

Delicate and delicious!

Double click the recipe to print as a 5x7 recipe card.


Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.