Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

November 10, 2011

Brussels Sprout Leaves with Bacon

Brussels Sprout Leaves with Bacon

I found this recipe in the November 2011 Redbook magazine "All-Star Thanksgiving" section and decided to try it out. 

Fresh Brussels sprouts are a vegetable my entire family will eat (if not too often) and this different approach for coring the sprouts and separating the leaves looked interesting!

(I thought they were "brussel sprouts" - turns out they're "Brussels sprouts")

David really liked it.
The boys thought they were good - the bacon helped!

I use turkey bacon so it was a very healthy dish and everyone had two helpings.

Here is a batch I made awhile back where I had not cored the Brussels sprouts, just trimmed them.
For this dish you'll want to cut out the little core before blanching them in boiling water.


You then cool the sprouts by running cold water over them and letting them sit while you cook your bacon, leaving the drippings in the pan.

You separate the leaves and place them, along with the chopped bacon, back in the frying pan and heat through for two minutes.  Season and serve.


Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Smakelijk!
(Flemish for Bon Apetit!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.