Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

November 19, 2011

Super Easy Glazed Rum Cake

Easy Glazed Rum Cake

Last night we had two get-togethers and I volunteered at the school all day.
I wasn't sure when I was going to make a dish to take to each, so I chose two easy "recipes" that were delicious, but didn't add any stress to my day.

To the first wine and appetizers get-together I was asked to bring something sweet.
So I picked up a rum cake at the grocery store and made my own glaze.

The glaze is easy - you boil sugar, water, and butter for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in rum.


I drizzled it over the cake in the package and let it sit about an hour.
Then I sliced it so it would be easy for people at the party to pick up.
Plus, I wanted to give a couple of slices to the boys before we left (sans glaze, of course).

I make a real Rum Cake at the holidays and it's delicious.
But this one was perfect for an evening with friends on a day when I couldn't bake.

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.