Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

November 16, 2011

Steamed Broccoli

Steamed Broccoli

This is one of the easiest side dishes I make, and one I make pretty often.
Sometimes I focus on the main dish, and then realize I don't have a side dish planned.
This one can be done in under 5 minutes, and it's so, so healthy.

I usually keep fresh broccoli on hand.


David and Thomas don't like the stalks, so I take a moment to chop up the broccoli and remove most of the stalks. 
Then I place it in this microwaveable steamer that I've had for YEARS from Pampered Chef.
Cover the broccoli with water, latch the top and cook for 3 minutes in the microwave.

Drain and serve.
Sometimes I toss it with a little olive oil or salt or Parmesan cheese.
More often than not, I just serve it plain.

This is my family's favorite way to eat broccoli!

Double click the card to print as a 5x7 recipe card.


1 comment:

  1. We have steamed broccoli at least one night per week.

    I steam mine in a Black and Decker plug-in steamer that I received as a wedding shower present. I will be so upset when it stops working because I doubt that they are made now. Your PS steamer might be a possible replacement.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.