Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

November 28, 2011

Cornbread Dressing

Cornbread Dressing

I absolutely love cornbread dressing and don't know why I only make it around Thanksgiving and Christmas. 
I could eat it every week. 
This recipe is modified from my Mom's recipe, my mother-in-law's recipe, and my grandmother's. 
Everyone in the south has their own way of making cornbread dressing.

I like mine simple and sage-y.

After you make 2 rounds of cornbread following the cornmeal package directions, you crumble it into a large bowl.  I use Martha White buttermilk cornmeal.


Then chop 5 boiled eggs and add them to the cornbread.

Saute 3 chopped celery stalks in a little olive oil until tender, about 5 minutes. 
Add to the cornbread and eggs.

Add sage and mix together.
Pour into a large baking dish and pour broth over, mixing well.

Dressing should be soupy.

Sprinkle a little more sage on top and cook at 350 for 1 hour.

Cornbread will be moist and delicious!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Happy Holidays!


1 comment:

  1. I've never had cornbread dressing. Can you believe that? My mom always makes hers with Pepperidge Farms cubes and that's all I've ever had. I don't think that I've ever made dressing for myself. I'll have to try your version.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.