Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

November 23, 2011

Pecan Tarts

Pride & Prejudice Party
Pecan Tarts

This is my third recipe to share from my Pride and Prejudice book club get together.
I chose recipes that were typical of Austen's time.


Next up - Pecan Tarts.


Tarts are mentioned in Austen's novels and I had never made them from scratch.
I found this highly reviewed recipe on allrecipes.com and decided to attempt it.
It was easy and the tarts were delicious.

The tart crust is made by combining cream cheese, butter, flour and salt.
It's chilled and then the crust is pressed into mini-muffin cups.
This recipe makes 21 tarts.

Then the filling is made by combining a beaten egg with dark brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract and pecans.

The tarts are filled and baked at 325* for 25-30 minutes.

After taking my photos I topped them with half maraschino cherries to serve.
They were really yummy.

Double click the recipe card to print as a 5x7 card.

Thank you Jane!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.