Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

October 16, 2011

Zucchini Noodles

Reluctant Entertainer's Zucchini Noodles

It's rare when my 3 boys like a recipe more than I do.
I was not a huge fan of the Zucchini Noodles with Alfredo Sauce that I served for lunch yesterday, but David and the boys did.  They all 3 asked me to make it again.
Well, OK.

I found this recipe on Sandy's blog The Reluctant Entertainer.
She has wonderful straight-from-the-garden recipes.

I served the noodles with heated Alfredo sauce.
Next time I will add shredded rotisserie chicken to make it more filling.

But the main idea is here.
You can add whatever sauce you'd like and serve with a big salad for a great, healthy meal.

Using a vegetable peeler, peel several zucchini into thin noodle-like strips, discarding the very center of the zucchini. 
Pat with paper towels and saute in olive oil with salt and pepper on the stove top for 3-5 minutes for a large batch like this one.


Drain and place in your serving dish and top with your sauce and chicken.

A great alternative to traditional noodles, and my family really liked it!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.