Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

October 18, 2011

Warm Green Bean and Potato Salad

Domestifluff Warm Green Bean and Potato Salad

I found this delicious-looking and Fall-sounding recipe on Kristen's Domestifluff blog and adapted it slightly for my family.

Last night I served it with BBQ Chicken and it was a real hit!

After eating a second helping David said, "I really like this.  You should make it again."
Without my asking.
Completely unscripted.
Definitely a keeper.

After boiling potatoes, you cook them along with garlic in a little olive oil, slightly mashing them so they can turn golden brown in spots.

You then remove the potatoes, and cook the bacon in the same skillet.
(I used turkey bacon and it was great.)
Once the bacon is done, you remove it and chop it.
Then cook the green beans for 5 minutes in the skillet, and return the potatoes and bacon.

Season with Kosher salt and pepper and serve warm.

Really, really good!

Double click the card to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.