Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

October 27, 2011

Baked Chocolate Pudding

The Barefoot Contessa's Baked Chocolate Pudding

This month's Good Housekeeping magazine had wonderful Thanksgiving recipes by Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. 
Hers is the main show I watch on Food Network and I've tried many of her recipes over the years so I ripped out her Thanksgiving recipes from the magazine to try this fall.

I made her Baked Chocolate Pudding to take to Book Club this week.
Of course, I had to make a smaller version for my 3 boys as well!

It's a pretty standard recipe that only takes a few minutes to put together.
You create a water bath for baking the dish.
I'd recommend using a shallow 2 qt. dish, which I did for the Book Club version I took.
This dish was too deep, but it worked OK.

Ignore the holes - that's where I tested to make sure it was set.
Instead of a toothpick I used a butter knife - hence the holes.

Here's the version I scooped up for my family.
I loved the crispy top and creamy under layer.

The Book Club liked it and my boys loved it.
I'll definitely make it again.


Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my lord! I want to make this recipe this weekend!!! Talk about comfort food for girls! I bet the Lit Wits went nuts over this!!! :D I just bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.