Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

October 26, 2011

Cauliflower with Dijon Sauce

Cauliflower with Dijon Sauce

I followed this recipe from allrecipes.com and it will definitely be one I make again and again.
I've modified it slightly to share with you here.

I wasn't sure how Brennan would like this variation.
He loves, loves, cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, and brussel sprouts.
But he tends to like things without fancy sauces.
I modified this recipe the second time I served it and he liked it a lot.

I learned an easy way to steam vegetables in the microwave with this recipe.
You simply put the cut vegetables in the baking dish, cover with Saran Wrap, poke 3 holes in the top, and steam for 7 minutes.
Perfect!

After steaming the broccoli you add mayo and Dijon mustard and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
Microwave again for 3 minutes.


Then stir and serve.
It's really delicious.

The recipe card below is the original recipe and most of our family liked this way the best.

Two modifications I'd recommend:
1.  Cut the Dijon to 1 Tbsp if your family doesn't want a strong Dijon-y flavor.
2. Cut the cheddar cheese to 3/4 c because 1 c is super cheesy!

Double click the recipe card to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.