Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

February 26, 2012

Vegetable Fried Rice

Vegetable Fried Rice

A dish that is always popular in our house is any kind of fried rice.
I had a lot of vegetables on hand so made up a big dish of Vegetable Fried Rice with Brennan yesterday.
It was really good.

I started by heating a little sesame oil in the frying pan and chopping up some Daikon radish and garlic to cook for 3 minutes.
I used a mandolin to slice 3 carrots and cook them as well.
Then I added a pinch of salt and let the vegetables saute for a few minutes.


I like brown rice, but my family doesn't, so I cooked 1 c of white rice (it makes 3 cups of rice) and then added it to the vegetables.

I drizzled 3 Tbsp of water on top, along with soy sauce and rice wine vinegar.
I tossed it and let it cook for 10 minutes or so.


Just before moving to a serving bowl I added some chopped broccoli and let it cook for a couple of minutes.

It was good re-heated for dinner as well!

Other great ingredients could be:
**Shrimp or Chicken
**Water chesnuts
**Bamboo shoots
**Scrambled egg
**Edamame
**Scallions
**Cabbage
**Peas


Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.


食飯
sihk faahn
Cantonese for Bon Appetit!


1 comment:

  1. This sounds great!

    I like brown rice, too. I usually mix the two in my rice cooker when I make rice.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.