Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

February 20, 2012

Roasted Brown Rice Tea

Roasted Brown Rice Tea

On my trip to Jungle Jim's last week I picked up an interesting looking bag of Roasted Brown Rice, not having a clue what I would do with it!

I put most of my grains and beans in containers and have written the name and expiration date on the outside.  I need to pick up a fat-tip Permanent Marker so the label is easier to see.  The good thing about Permanent Marker on glass is that it cleans right off.

The roasted brown rice is packaged with popcorn to draw the moisture away.


It's easy to make the tea.
In a small saucepan you boil 2 cups water and 2 Tbsp roasted brown rice.
Let simmer for 5 minutes, strain and serve.

I added a little brown rice syrup for sweetener but unless you're using a lot of sweetener, it retains its nutty flavor.

I drank most of it before I remembered to snap a photo!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.