Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

February 20, 2012

Spinach Smoothie

Spinach Smoothie

I don't remember where I picked up this recipe, I think from a book club friend who is already very healthy, but is eating a lot more vegetables these days.

There are so many great smoothie recipes out there but I don't like the high-calorie ones because I'm always hungry again after drinking a smoothie.

If I'm going to have a smoothie in the morning, it's got to be nutrient packed and low-cal so I can happily eat again in a couple of hours.

This recipe is very simple and only has 3 ingredients, although you could add anything to it that you wanted.  That's the beauty of a smoothie.  If you want it to be thicker, then add ice cubes.

You simply blend 2 very large handfuls of fresh spinach, 1/2 a large cucumber (or a whole small cucumber), and 3/4 c no-sugar-added juice.


It's really delicious (even though I'm sure you don't believe me) and it's 3 huge servings of green vegetables!

If you want to make it even sweeter, add peeled apple slices to the blender.

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.


"Enjoy!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.