Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

February 14, 2012

Valentine Chex Mix

Valentine Chex Mix

I adapted this recipe for a Valentines theme from an old recipe I had.
My boys loved it, and the ladies who came to my birthday party did as well.
It would be perfect for any holiday, just changing up the colors.

I started by melting peanut butter, margarine and white baking chips together, then mixing it together with Rice Chex cereal.  Stir carefully so the cereal doesn't crush and crumble.



Then I transferred about 1/2 of the cereal mixture to a large Ziploc bag and add powdered sugar.  I tossed it around to coat well. 
Optional:  For more Valentines color, you can add red, white, and pink sprinkles when you toss it together.

I mixed the other half of the cereal mixture with Valentines M-n-M's.

Then I laid both mixtures out to cool for half an hour or so.

Then combine and store in an airtight container until you're ready to serve!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Happy Holidays!


1 comment:

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.