Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

February 14, 2012

Tortellini Caprese Bites

Southern Living
Tortellini Caprese Bites

I saw this recipe for skewered caprese with tortellini in the December 2011 Southern Living and I promptly ripped it out. 
I made it for my birthday get together last weekend and it was the 3rd party since Christmas that I'd been to and seen this recipe! 
Very popular, easy to make, and yummy.

Note:
The only ingredient that I didn't pick up was white Balsamic vinegar.
If you don't have white then I would just drizzle the olive oil on top instead of marinating the assembled skewers in the vinaigrette. 
The dark Balsamic turns the mozzarella brown, as you'll see.
The taste is still great, but you'll probably prefer the mozzarella to remain white.

I started by cooking a package of cheese tortellini according to the package directions and then draining it and letting it cool.

Then I sliced grape tomatoes in half, drained the mozzarella balls and was ready to assemble.



The recipe calls for 6 inch skewers so I cut the ones I had in half and they worked great.

You can skewer the tortellini, mozzarella balls, and grape tomatoes in any order.

You make a quick Basil Vinaigrette by whisking together Balsamic, kosher salt, olive oil, and chopped basil.

I then laid the skewers in a baking dish and coated them with the Basil Vinaigrette.
Again, next time I'll either find white Balsamic vinegar or I'll just sprinkle the vinaigrette on top.

Either way, they were delicious!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I remember seeing that recipe in SL and thinking it looked good. I'll have to look for white balsamic. I didn't even know they made it. This would be a perfect post tennis match treat for my ladies team.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.