Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

December 18, 2011

Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake

Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake

I'm not a big cake person, or a baker really, but I was so excited to make this cake.
I have had it a few times and really liked it.
It's so moist and rich, and is truly Southern.

I pinned this recipe (on Pinterest) a few weeks ago, originally from May Flaum at her blog.
I modified it slightly.
David asked me early last week if I would make a dessert for a board Christmas party he was attending.
Perfect time to try this out!


You start by mixing dry ingredients in a bowl and then cooking the butter, cocoa powder, Coke, and milk over medium-high heat.


Then you mix the two together and add eggs and vanilla.
Bake in a greased 9x13 pan at 350* for 30 minutes.



While the cake is baking, you bake a glaze on medium heat - butter, cocoa, and more Coke.

You remove it from the stove top and add confectioner's sugar until it's dissolved.

Then pour it right onto the piping hot cake!



You can serve the cake hot, at room temperature, or chilled.
It's all fantastic!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.