Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

December 21, 2011

Chicken and Tortellini Soup

Chicken and Tortellini Soup


Sometimes the simplest meals end up becoming a "family favorite" - as my youngest calls those meals he'd like me to serve time and again. 
It's always a treat when all 4 of us love a dish.
So is the case in this spur-of-the-moment weeknight soup I "created" last night.


This is very similar to the Turkey Noodle Soup I posted after Thanksgiving.

I had all of the items on hand, and decided to make a soup.
I served it with leftover Steamed Broccoli from the night before.

I put 10 cups of chicken broth in a large soup pot and turned it on while I cleaned and chopped celery and carrots.  I put the vegetables in.
Then I turned the soup to high and, once boiling, added in packaged cheese tortellini.

I let that cook on medium high for 7 minutes.
Then I added shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken (or you could use 3 cooked chicken breasts) and cooked for another 5 minutes on simmer.



Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.


Soup's On!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.