Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

December 15, 2011

Cheddar Baked Chicken

Clover Lane's
Cheddar Baked Chicken

Like the recent Feta Dip, this recipe comes from Sarah at her cooking blog Cooking on Clove Lane.
It sounded delicious and I have all of the ingredients on hand so I decided to try it out earlier this week.

You take a package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and trim them. 
I then usually cut them into smaller sizes.  They bake faster and they are more child (and diet) sized.

Then you set up a station with three bowls.
The first combines flour, salt & pepper.
The second a beaten egg with 1 Tbsp milk.
The third bread crumbs and Rice Krispies.


You dip each chicken breast into the flour, then the egg wash, then the bread crumbs/cereal, then lay in a 9x13 dish. 

Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle 1 Tbsp melted butter over the top and bake at 350* for 35 minutes or so, depending on the size of your chicken breasts.

I left one uncovered so you could see what it looked like.


I thought this dish was delicious.
Leftovers for lunch were great too!

Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.