Recipes             Menus              Entertaining             About

Starred Recipes

3 Stars - A Family Favorite
2 Stars - Really Good, Will Make Again
1 Star - Good Recipe, Probably Won't Make Again

December 21, 2011

Bourbon Balls

Lora's Bourbon Balls

We attended John's 50th birthday party a few weeks ago, and our friends Lora and Rob presented him with the most delicious Bourbon Balls.  As you can tell from his birthday present pile, Bourbon Balls were a perfect idea.


Lora happily shared her recipe with me and I made some for Christmas.
I believe I have two brothers-in-law who might enjoy them.

I liked 3 things about this recipe.  First - they weren't covered in powdered sugar that get all over the clothes.  Second - I had all the ingredients on hand except the Vanilla Wafers.  And C - simple & delicious!

You crush a box of Nilla Wafers and a cup of pecans.
I did this in the blender and it worked well.


Then you add in other ingredients, including Makers Mark bourbon.

Roll them into balls.  This recipe makes 4 dozen.

Then roll those into granulated sugar.

Resist the urge to taste any more than one and pop in an air-tight container for 3 days before serving or sharing.


Double click to print as a 5x7 recipe card.

Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my table! So glad you dropped by. I love hearing from you.